To whom is the Internship Program addressed?
To university students and professionals who are interested in broadening their studies through working in internship programs. Students enrolled in the CEH (Hispanic Studies Course) and students in the CILE (Intensive Spanish Language Course) (from level 7, C1, C2).
When could I start?
The program is available in two different periods: from October to December (Fall) and from February to May (Spring).
What is the registration process?
The students enrolled in the CEH will have free access to a catalog of companies so that they can decide which ones are best suited for their professional profile and needs, always with the help of the teacher. Also, the company will receive the assigned student’s profile for its assent.
What is the chronological sequence of the subject?
- The internship has a minimum duration of 45 hours / 11 weeks (Fall)
- 14 weeks (Spring); 3 – 4 hours per week (2 days per week or only 1 morning).
And this is the syllabus:
- Joint seminar (10 class hours).
- Individual interviews with your tutor (2 interviews of 1 hour each).
- Joint seminar or follow-up of the adaptation to the company (2 hours).
- Internship: 45 hours depending on the period: fall – 11 weeks or spring – 12 weeks. 3 – 4 hours per week (2 days per week).
- Outside tutoring.
- Final report.
- Exposition and evaluation of the final report.
Individual interview: 1 hour
Each student meets with the teacher in order to establish the foundations for the final report.
Joint seminar 2: 2 hours
The student and the teacher discuss the adaptation process, hesitations and other concerns.
Individual interview 2: 1 hour
Revision of the points on the final report on the part of teachers: grammatical aspects and development of the internship.
Exposition of the final report: ½ hour
The salient points that the student believe to be opportune regarding the work experience gained in the Spanish corporative culture will be considered, as well as a summary of the final report.
What kinds of companies do take part?
Multisectoral: environment, translation, new technologies, chemistry, biotechnology, administration, consultancy, audiovisual media, tourism, marketing, sales and healthcare.